Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chocolate-Chip Cookies

I have nothing against eggs, but sometimes I just don't have them at home when I want to make something. Moreover, many people I know don't eat eggs or are averse to the smell - even in baked goods. So here's the eggless version of the evergreen favourite.

You'll need:
3 tsps flax seed powder soaked for 5 min in 3/4 cup of warm water (OR 3 eggs)
1 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 and 1/2 cup flour (I use regular wholewheat)
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I use 2 chopped chocolate bars)

Optional stuff:
2 tbsp cocoa powder 
Handful of chopped walnuts

Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl till smooth. Add the flax seed mixture and stir till well blended. Then sieve in the flour, Cocoa (if using), salt and baking soda and mix well. Add the chocolate and walnuts.

Keep this dough in the fridge for an hour or 2 before baking.
Put spoonful of dough on a greased sheet 2 inches apart then bake it for 15 minutes at 180 deg C.

Cool on a wire rack before devouring.

Makes approximately 25 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment